- CITY COMMISSION
- ONLINE CALENDAR
- CONTACT US
- CODIFIED ORDINANCES
DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENT
SANDUSKY TRANSIT SYSTEM - POLICIES
Ohio Relay Number: 1.800.750.0750
- Put your seat belt on as soon as you are seated on the vehicle.
- Do not smoke on any STS vehicle.
- Be polite and courteous to others.
- Do not expect excessive driver assistance.
- When your trip request is confirmed, write it down for future reference.
- Do not eat or drink on any STS vehicle.
- If you plan to transport an animal notify the dispatcher when you make your reservation. All animals must be on a leash or in a pet carrier.
Riding privileges will be permanently suspended for the following actions:
- Physically harming or inappropriate contact with a passenger, driver, service provider staff person or City employee.
- Threatening passengers or staff with bodily harm on a transit vehicle or on the telephone.
- Intentionally damaging a transit vehicle or transit property in any manner.
Riding privileges will be suspended for a ninety (90) day period for the following actions:
- Smoking on a transit vehicle.
- Actively eating or drinking on a transit vehicle more than once
- Refusing to wear a seatbelt on a transit vehicle more than once.
- Having three (3) no-shows within a thirty (30) day period.
- Excessively using profanity or language which is upsetting and disruptive to other passengers or staff.
According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, [Disclaimer] it is not discrimination for an entity to refuse to provide service to an individual with disabilities because that individual engages in violent, seriously disruptive, or illegal conduct. However, an entity shall not refuse to provide service to an individual with disabilities solely because the individual's disability results in appearance or involuntary behavior that may offend, annoy or inconvenience employees or the entity or other persons.
Tickets for the Sandusky Transit System may be purchased at the City Building, Customer Accounting Office, 222 Meigs Street; Firelands College, [Disclaimer] One University Drive, Huron; and through various service agencies in Erie County.
Tickets are in $.50 denominations so that they may be used for all trips. Four (4) tickets ($2) would be required for trips within Sandusky city limits. Six (6) tickets ($3) are required for one-way trips to Fare Zone 2.
Tickets are sold in books of thirty (30) for $15 each. Tickets may only be used to take the place of cash fares.