- CITY COMMISSION
- ONLINE CALENDAR
- CONTACT US
- CODIFIED ORDINANCES
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICES
601 Franklin Street
222 Meigs Street
Sandusky, OH 44870
Celebration Floral Mound Reservation Form
Friends of the Greenhouse Membership
Greenhouse Endowment Donations
Palm and Fern Rental Form
Washington Park Floral Mounds
Since 1908, the City of Sandusky has operated a greenhouse to grow plants and beautify our city. While the original greenhouse was replaced in 1974, two brick buildings remain on the site dating back to the 1920's.
We have been fortunate to receive funding through public and private sources to make our greenhouse more energy efficient as well as accessible to persons with disabilities. With these improvements has come a new mission.
Our goal is to provide recreational and educational opportunities for anyone interested in horticulture through programming that emphasizes access to recreation. Our work in this regard has just begun and our success will depend on the efforts of dedicated volunteers and civic-minded sponsors.
The historical significance of Washington Park's floral tradition is well documented throughout the last century. In continuing this tradition, city employees propagate over 100,000 plants every year.
The City of Sandusky is thankful for the financial support provided to make improvements to this facility including The Sandusky Erie County Community Foundation, The Kellogg Foundation, The Wightman-Wieber Foundation, The Frohman Foundation, The Mylander Foundation, Zion Lutheran Church and the Friends of the Greenhouse [Disclaimer].
We look forward to the future as our greenhouse evolves into a place for our community to grow together.